Geordie has found his new home. Thank you everyone who registered their interest in helping him.
Geordie needs a foster home urgently and long term needs a loving owner(s) who understands beagles and would be willing to put in the time and effort to train and nurture Geordie. Please contact Terry Humphries on 021 274 9145
Here’s what Geordie’s current owners have told us:
Dad passed away late last year so Geordie has been with my sister Lianna at the same property.
Geordie has been escaping daily as he receives no stimulation. I was able to receive some advice from animal trainer Mark Vette who suggested that he needs someone who is patient and understands beagles. He would be willing to talk to Geordie’s new owner over the phone to discuss approaches to training him.
The Ministry of Primary Industries trialed Geordie for their detector dog programme. Unfortunately, he wasn’t motivated by food enough!
- He is around 3 & ½ years old.
- Geordie is fine with other dogs.
- Geordie is a very social dog and wants to be with his owner.
- Geordie LOVES exercise such as walks but he is currently not exercised.
- Geordie is registered, micro-chipped, neutered and up to date with all his vaccinations.